Bachelor of Science in Midwifery in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Midwifery (BS Midwifery) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that will train you in addressing the needs of expecting mothers and their children starting from the early stages of pregnancy up to the first few weeks following childbirth.
By taking this course, you will learn everything you’ll need to know about reproductive health; family planning; pregnancy, labor, and delivery; neonatal care; and the moral and legal principles involved in the practice of midwifery in the Philippines.
Some examples of courses that you may take while enrolled in this program include:
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Primary Health Care
- NormalOB, Immediate Care of the Newborn
- PathologicOB, Basic Gynecology, Family Planning Technology, Care of Infants and Feeding
- Professional Growth and Development and Bio-ethics
- Clinical Management –OBManagement, High Risk Pregnancy Management
- Comprehensive Family Planning
- Administration and Supervision
- Early Childhood Care
- Midwifery Pharmacology
- Health Economics
In addition to those subjects, you may also be asked to complete 2346 hours of On-the-Job Training at maternity hospitals, birthing homes, and lying in clinics to give you a closer look at how professional midwives work.
Qualified graduates of BS Midwifery can find employment in any of the following positions:
- Health Facility Administrator
- Clinic Manager
- Health Program Manager
- College Professor/Trainer
Passing the Licensure Examination for Midwives is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the healthcare industry or the academe. Please check the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission for more information.
- Top Performing Schools in the April 2013 Midwife Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the November 2012 Midwife Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the April 2012 Midwife Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the November 2011 Midwife Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the April 2011 Midwife Licensure Examination