Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy (BSPT) is a five-year degree program in the Philippines that is concerned with using various treatments and exercises to restore the function of a broken bone or to compensate for the loss of a certain body part.
Some examples of courses that you may take while enrolled in this program include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Psychiatric Foundations for Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy Examination and Evaluation
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Orthotics and Prosthetics
- Clinical Correlations for Medical Conditions
- Clinical Correlations for Surgical, Neurologic, and Developmental Pediatric Condition
- Clinical Education
- Organization and Administration
In addition to taking the courses mentioned above, a minimum of 1500 hours of On-the-Job training at hospitals, clinics, rehabilitation centers or similar facilities may also be arranged by your school to give you a chance to apply what you’ll learn from the program in practical situations.
Licensed Physical Therapists can find employment in any of the following places:
- Nursing Homes
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Professional Sports Teams
Passing the Physical and Occupational Therapists Licensure Examination is one of the requirements in applying for a PT-related job. Please check the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission for more information.