Biomedical Equipment Services NC II in the Philippines
Biomedical Equipment Services NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in handling biomedical equipment such as cardiac monitors, oxygen units, defibrillators, laryngoscopes, and ECG machines among others.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Implementing and monitor infection control policies and procedures
- Responding effectively to difficult/challenging behavior
- Applying basic first aid
- Maintaining high standard of patient services
- Installing biomedical equipment
- Performing corrective maintenance on biomedical equipment
- Performing preventive maintenance on biomedical equipment
- Repairing biomedical equipment
- Assessing and referring biomedical equipment
Biomedical Equipment Services NC II takes a minimum of 960 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Biomedical Equipment Services NC II can find employment as any of the following:
- Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET)
- Medical Equipment Mechanic / Repairer
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Biomedical Equipment Services NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.