Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (BS Pharmacy) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that is concerned with drugs and other related substances. These include medicinal drugs, cosmetics, and common household products.
By enrolling in this program you will learn how to develop and manufacture drugs for the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases; how to manage pharmacies, and how to assist patients with health and drug-related concerns.
Some examples of courses that you may take while enrolled in this program include:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology with Pathophysiology
- General Concept of the Health Care System
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
- Pharmaceutical Calculation
- Pharmacognosy and Plant Chemistry
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Dispensing and Medication Counseling
- Principles of Pharmacy Administration and Management
- Clinical Toxicology
- Quality Control – Drug Testing and Analysis
Aside from taking the courses mentioned above, you may also be required to complete a minimum of 960 hours worth of On-the-Job Training at chosen communities, hospitals, and commercial pharmacies in order to familiarize you with the work of professional pharmacists.
Licensed Pharmacists usually hold the following positions:
- Clinical Researcher
- Quality Control Analyst
- Product Manager
- Food and Drug Regulation Officer
- Military Pharmacist
- Forensic Analyst
Passing the Licensure Examination for Pharmacists is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the pharmaceutical industry. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) for more information.
- Top Performing Schools in the July 2012 Pharmacist Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the January 2012 Pharmacist Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the June 2011 Pharmacist Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the January 2011 Pharmacist Licensure Examination
- Adamson University
- Mariano Marcos State University
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- Saint Louis University
- San Pedro College