Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE), also known as Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering, is a five-year degree program in the Philippines that is mainly concerned with the conceptualization, design and development of any electronic, computer or communication products, systems, services and processes.
Some examples of courses you may take under this program include:
- ECE Laws, Contract and Ethics
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Industrial Electronics
- Signals, Spectra, and Signal Processing
- Transmission Media and Antenna System
- Microprocessor Systems
- Principles of Communications
- Energy Conversion
- Data Communications
- Vector Analysis
An On-the-Job Training (OJT) at television and radio Stations, telecommunication companies, and companies that manufacture semiconductors and biomedical products may also be facilitated by your school to provide you with hands-on practice of the things you’ll learn under this program.
What Students Have to Say:
BS Electronics and Communications Engineering graduates can apply for any of the following positions:
- Broadcast Engineer. Broadcast engineers usually work at TV or radio stations and are responsible for overseeing the transmission of signals and the automation of broadcast programs.
- Telecommunications Engineer – Telecommunication engineers usually work at telecommunication companies (e.g. PLDT/Digitel) designing and overseeing the installation of telecommunications equipment and facilities.
- Computer Systems Engineer – Computer systems engineers work for different companies specializing in different fields. They work out specific computer systems that match the company’s operational needs.
- Biomedical Engineer – Biomedical engineers work in the medical field. They’re tasked with designing and developing medical equipment such as prosthetic devices, artificial organs, and the like.
- Robotics/Mechatronics Engineer – Robotics or mechatronics engineers design and develop robots that can perform a number of different tasks. These may include robots used in industrial plants, medical facilities, or battlefields.
- Optics Engineer – Optics engineers work with fields that require knowledge and understanding of light. These may include biomedical engineering where they develop imaging tools and consumer mechanics where they design and develop machines and gadgets like TVs, computers, handphones, and the like.
Passing the Licensure Examination for Electronic Engineers is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the field of Electronic Engineering. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) for more information.
- Top Performing Schools in the October 2012 Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination (Middle East)
- Top Performing Schools in the October 2012 Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the April 2012 Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the December 2011 Electronics Engineer Licensure Examination
- Adamson University
- Bicol University - Polangui Campus
- Cagayan State University
- Caraga State University
- Central Colleges of the Philippines
Did you take this course?