Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
The Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English (BSEd – English) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that will prepare you in teaching English subjects in high school.
Taking this as your major will help you get a closer look at the development of linguistics, the structure of the English language, and the different types of literature (American, English, Afro-Asian) that flourished throughout the centuries.
Some examples of courses that you may take while enrolled in this program include:
- Language and Literature Assessment
- Language Research
- Campus Journalism
- Remedial Instruction in English
- Creative Writing
- Translation and Editing of Text
- Facilitating Learning
- Social Dimensions of Education
- The Teaching Professions
- Principles of Teaching
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Educational Technology
- Curriculum Development
- Developmental Reading
What Graduates Have to Say:
- Robert John Carillo on Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
- Abigail Medrano on Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
Qualified graduates of Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English may find employment as an English teacher.
Passing the Teachers Licensure Examination is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the field of education. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission for more information.