Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering (BSEM) is a five-year degree program in the Philippines that is concerned with mines and mining.
This includes evaluating the potential of a piece of land or area for mining, designing and building a mine, managing its operations, and making sure it follows environmental laws and other regulations among other things.
Some of the things you may learn during the course of your study are:
- Principles of Mining
- Basic Mineralogy
- Underground Mining
- Surface Mining
- Techniques of Mining Analysis
- Rock Mechanics
- Mineral Processing
- Mine Design
- Mine Management
- Mining and Environmental Laws and Ethics
In addition to those, you may also be given the chance to work in an actual mine or similar plant as part of your On-the-Job Training where you may learn more about mine operation, mineral exploration, and mineral processing.
What Graduates Have to Say:
Licensed Mining Engineers are often needed in the following fields:
- Mineral Resource Development Operation and Management
- Mine Research and Development
- Mine Environmental and Enhancement Services
- Government Mining Services
Passing the Mining Engineer Licensure Examination is one of the requirements for applying for the position of a Mining Engineer. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) for more information.
- Top Performing Schools in the August 2012 Mining Engineer Licensure Examination
- Top Performing Schools in the August 2011 Mining Engineer Licensure Examination
Did you take this course?