Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Sanitary Engineering (BSSE) is a five-year degree program in the Philippines that is primarily concerned with the designing, planning, operation, and maintenance of sanitation facilities; soil, water, and air pollution control; and the general hygienic projects of residential, commercial, and industrial buildings.
Some of the courses that you may take while enrolled in this program include:
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics
- Public Health Engineering
- Structural Theory and Design
- Construction Methods and Project Management in Engineering
- Water Supply Engineering
- Sewage and Drainage Engineering
- Ground Water and Soil Pollution Remediation
- Sanitary Science, Fire Protection, and Plumbing as Applied to Buildings
- Microbiology and Parasitology for Environmental Engineering
Aside from those, you may also undergo a minimum of 240 hours of On-the-Job Training to give you a chance to apply what you have learned in school in a professional setting.
Graduates of BS Sanitary Engineering can apply for any of the following jobs:
- Sanitary Engineer
- Construction Manager/Engineer
- Environmental Engineer
- Hospital Administrator
- Project Engineer / Manager
- Pollution Control Officer
- Safety Engineer
- College Professor
Passing the Licensure Examination for Sanitary Engineers is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the Engineering industry. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission for more information.