Driving (Passenger Bus/Straight Truck) NC III is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in operating buses/straight trucks classified under LTO Restriction codes 3 up to 5 on highways, transporting passengers and/or heavy goods; liquids; and materials, and performing minor repairs on the assigned vehicle.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying appropriate sealant/adhesive
- Moving and positioning vehicle
- Performing mensuration and calculation
- Reading, interpreting, and applying specifications and manuals
- Using and applying lubricant/coolant
- Performing shop maintenance
- Interpreting/Drawing technical drawing
- Performing job estimate
- Obeying traffic rules and regulations
- Implementing and coordinating accident-emergency procedures
- Observing road health and safety practices
- Performing minor maintenance and servicing on vehicles classified under LTO restriction codes 3 up to 5
- Performing pre-and post operation procedures vehicles classified under LTO restriction codes 3 up to 5
- Driving passenger bus
- Driving straight truck
Driving (Passenger Bus/Straight Truck) NC III takes a minimum of 122 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
What Graduates Have to Say:
Qualified graduates of Driving (Passenger Bus/Straight Truck) NC III can find employment as a passenger bus driver or straight truck driver.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Driving (Passenger Bus/Straight Truck) NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.