Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III in the Philippines
Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in leading a team of net menders. Specifically, it involves competencies in making decision in carrying out repair and maintenance of nets.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying safety measures in operations
- Using tools and equipment
- Performing estimation and calculations
- Supervising unloading and loading of net
- Evaluating net mending
- Administering and monitoring net mending
Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III takes a minimum of 152 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III can find employment as a net mender team leader.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Fishing Gear Repair and Maintenance NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.