Horticulture NC III in the Philippines
The Horticulture NC III is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in managing small farm. Workers at this level would be working autonomously and likely to own a small enterprise or work within a cooperative structure.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying safety measures in farm operations
- Using farm tools and equipment
- Performing estimation and calculations
- Preparing land for agricultural crop production
- Implementing post-harvest program
- Implementing plant nutrition program
- Controlling weeds
- Preparing and applying chemicals
- Establishing horticultural crops
- Coordinating horticultural maintenance program
- Coordinating horticultural crop harvesting
- Undertaking field budding and grafting
- Undertaking propagation activities
- Following site quarantine procedures (Elective)
- Collecting samples for a rural production or horticultural monitoring program (Elective)
- Handling bulk materials in storage area (Elective)
- Preparing grain storage (Elective)
- Complying with industry quality assurance requirements (Elective)
- Maintaining and monitoring environmental work practices
- Keeping records for farm business (Elective)
- Performing specialized machinery maintenance (Elective)
- Installing irrigation systems (Elective)
Horticulture NC III takes a minimum of 445 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Some TESDA-accredited institutions may require you to complete Horticulture NC II before being allowed to take Horticulture NC III.
Qualified graduates of can find employment as any of the following:
- Independent Farmer (Owner / Operator in a smaller operation
- Leading hand
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Horticulture NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.
Did you take this course?