Illustration NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in providing creative illustrations that will be used either as standalone drawings or as an accompanying image for books, magazines, flyers, and other similar materials.
Some examples of core competencies that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Drawing tools and materials
- Developing drawing concepts
- Drawing techniques
- Testing techniques
- Preparing work for exhibitions
- Storing finished work
- Maintaining records of your finished works
- Seeking feedback for your works
Illustration NC II takes a minimum of 234 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
- Drawing Skills
- Basic computer skills
Qualified graduates of Illustration NC II can find employment as any of the following:
- Comic Book Artist
- Book/Magazine Illustrator
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Illustration NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.