search the site
MEXT Professional Training School Scholarship Program
MEXT Professional Training School Program
Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan
Fields of Study
Those who wish to study in Japan as an exchange student at a professional training college should choose a field of study to major in from the options listed below:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Infant Education
- Secretarial Studies
- Hotel Management
- Dress making, Fashion accessories
- Other fields of study
Note 1: Applicants who chose “Other fields of study” are required to specify in detail what kind of field they want in “Chosen field of study in Japan” on the application form.
Note 2: Applicants who wish to major in “Other fields of study” (Agriculture, Nursing, etc.) may have difficulties in finding a professional training college that can accept them.
Note 3: In regard to “other fields of study,” keep in mind that in some cases the application can not be accepted because the period for completing the course of study will be more than the term of disbursement of the scholarship.
- The Applicant must have the nationality of a country which has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government. This applies at such times to stateless persons,too. TheApplicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application will not be eligible. Applicant screening will be made at the Japanese Embassy/Consulate General (hereinafter referred to as “Japanese legation”) in the country of the Applicant’s nationality (except where two for countries are attended by the same Japanese legation).
- The Applicant must meet the age requirement that will be set by MEXT. (Please contact JICC using the contact information below for more information)
- Applicant must have completed a 12-year school curriculum or graduated from a school equivalent to an upper secondary school in Japan. (Included is any Applicant who will satisfy the above qualifications by March 2012.)
- Applicant must be willing to learn the Japanese language and receive education at a professional training college in the Japanese language.
- Applicant must be mentally and physically healthy enough to pursue study at a professional training college in Japan.
- Selected Applicant must be able to leave for and arrive in Japan between the date that will be set by MEXT. Travel expenses will not be provided if the Applicant is unable to travel to Japan during this set period. (Please contact JICC using the contact information below for more information)
- Selected Applicant will be required to acquire a “College Student (ryuugaku(..))” visa prior to coming to Japan. (An Applicant who comes to Japan with a visa or resident status other than that of “College Student” will not qualify for a Japanese government’s scholarship. Also, keep in mind that any Applicant who changes his/her resident status to any status other than “College Student” after entry into Japan will lose his/her status of a Japanese government scholarship student upon such change of status.)
- Service member or civilian employee registered on the active military list
- Grantees of a scholarship provided by an organization (including a governmental organization of his/her own country) other than the Japanese government (MONBUKAGAKUSHO: MEXT);
- Grantees of a Japanese government scholarship in the past, provided, however, that less than three years shall have passed as of April 1, 2012 counted from the first day of the month following the last-payment month of such scholarship;
- Currently enrolled in a Japanese university with the resident status of “College Student,” or will be enrolled in a Japanese university as an other source or self financed international student between the time of application for this scholarship in his/her country and the time the scholarship period is due to begin.
Applicants must submit the following documents to the Japanese legation by the required date. The submitted documents will not be returned.
- 2 original copies of Application form (prescribed forms)
- 2 original copies of passport -size photographs (4.5 X 3.5 cm, upper body, full-faced, uncapped, taken within the past 6 months) (name and nationality should be written on the back side; photo to be pasted on the applications and attachment
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of academic transcript for the past 3 years
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of recommendation from the principal or the adviser of the last school attended
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of graduation certificate of the last school attended (or certificate of expected graduation for an applicant due to graduate)
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of certificate of passage of university entrance qualification examinations (if applicable)
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of certificate of enrollment (for an applicant currently enrolled in a University)
- 1 original copy and 1 photocopy of medical certificate ( on the prescribed form)
Note 1: These documents must be written in Japanese or English. Any document written in any other language must be attached with an English or Japanese translation.
Note 2: A photocopy of the graduation certificate and/or the qualification certificate will do, provided that the copy is attested by the relevant school or examining organization.
Note 3: An application will not be examined unless all the documents mentioned above are fully and correctly completed.
Japan Information and Culture Center (JICC)
Embassy of Japan
2627 Roxas Boulevard, 1300 Pasay City, Philippines
Phone: 551-5710 Ext. 2314/2316 Fax: 551-5784
E-mail: [email protected]
*Note: The MEXT scholarship is offered annually. The information provided above were taken from the requirements/qualifications/guidelines for the 2012 Professional Training Program selection process which recently ended. Some of these information may or may not have changed. For best results, please contact JICC to verify if the same requirements/qualifications/guidelines would still apply for the Professional Training Program for 2013.
Last Modified: May 16, 2012
Scholarship Grant: MEXT Professional Training School Program Scholarship Sponsor: Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan Fields of Study Those who wish to study in Japan as an exchange student at a professional training college should choose a field of study to major in from the options listed below: Civil Engineering Architecture Electrical Engineering Electronics Telecommunication Nutrition Infant Education Secretarial Studies Hotel Management Tourism Dress making, Fashion accessories Design Photography Other fields of study Note 1: Applicants who chose “Other fields of study” are required to specify in detail what kind of field they want in “Chosen field of study in Japan” on the application form. Note 2: Applicants who wish to major in “Other fields of study” (Agriculture, …
<a href="http://www.courses.com.ph/mext-professional-training-school-scholarship-program/"> MEXT Professional Training School Scholarship Program</a>