Bachelor of Arts in Communication in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication (AB Communication) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that will prepare you for a career in the media or similar industries – advertising agencies and public relations firms in particular.
- Introduction to Communication Theory
- Introduction to Communication Research
- Radio and TV Production
- Broadcasting Principles and Practices
- Advertising Principles and Practices
This program can help you acquire and hone skills that you’ll need as a future media practitioner like writing for television, radio, newspapers, and websites; producing advertisements; and managing information campaigns both for government agencies and non-government organizations alike.
Laws related to the media industry like Intellectual Property Rights, libel, defamation, pornography, obscenity, national security laws, and professional code of ethics by media organizations will be discussed during the course of your study as well.
The other courses you may take in this program are:
- Communication Management and Entrepreneurship
- Information/Communication Campaigns
- Introduction to Development Communication
- Introduction to Information and Communication Technology
- Communication Media Law and Ethics
- Broadcast Journalism Principles and Practices (Elective)
- Environmental Communication (Elective)
- Information / Communication Campaigns (Elective)
- Introduction to Film (Elective)
- Introduction to Media Writing (Elective)
- Online / Multimedia Journalism Principles and Practices (Elective)
- Organizational Communication (Elective)
- Technical Writing (Elective)
- Visual Communication (Elective)
Also included in the curriculum is an On the Job Training (OJT) that will help you hone and acquire skills that you’ll need as a future media practitioner such as writing for television, radio, newspapers, and websites; producing advertisements; and managing information campaigns.
A lot of career opportunities are open for AB Communication graduates such as:
- Account Executive
- Advertising Manager
- Public Relations Officer
- TV or Radio Production Staff
- College Professor