Able Seafarer Deck (STCW Regulation II/5) in the Philippines
Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you to perform watchkeeping, to look for obstruction in path of vessel, turn wheel on bridge, perform mooring and unmooring operations as directed by the Officer of the Watch, provide support in cargo operations, operate deck equipment and machinery, perform marlinspike and canvass work and perform deck maintenance.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Launching survival craft and rescue boats / lifeboats
- Firefighting and fire prevention
- Performing survival techniques during ship abandonment
- Performing first aid treatment on board
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Conduct shipboard security checks
- Providing the required information to maintain a safe navigational watch
- Providing support in cargo operation
- Performing the mooring and unmooring operations
- Operating deck equipment and machinery
- Performing deck maintenance
Able Seafarer Deck (STCW Regulation II/5) takes a minimum of 106 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Able Seafarer Deck (STCW Regulation II/5) can find employment as Able-Bodied Seafarer (Deck).
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Able Seafarer Deck (STCW Regulation II/5) course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A Certificate of Proficiency (COP) will be issued to students who passed this assessment process.
Panu po kung nwala n yung mga requirements such as highschool diploma at yung TOR ko ay nsa dting school ko na.yung diploma ko po kc naanod nung bagyong ondoy. Wala n po bng alternative para sa mga req. N yun?Thank you po.
Requirements may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so it’s best if you’ll contact them directly so they can give you an accurate and more detailed response.
In regard to your lost diploma and TOR, from what we know, the school where you graduated from can issue replacement copies if you sent them a formal request.
Good day! I would like inquire, i want to enroll my brother to have certifcate of STCW? What are the requirements? And whereto go?
Looking fprward for your response.
Hello. I’m a registered nurse, and I just want to ask if I can be able to enroll in this training?
People interested in taking this course are required to have completed a course on rating forming part of navigational watch from accredited training centers or have at least 2 years sea service as rating forming part of navigational watch on board vessel of 500 gross tonnage or more or at least 1 year sea service as rating forming part of navigational watch on board vessel of 500 gross tonnage or more — so you might have to sign up for those courses first before you can enroll for this one.
my son is a new gradute of high shcool is he can be able to attend this training?
Thanks for visiting our site.
TESDA requires the following from interested applicants, so we’re guessing probably not. We’re not really sure about that, though, so we suggest you call TESDA directly so they can verify it for you.
• At least two (2) years sea service as wiper/ greaser on board vessel with at least 750 kw / main propulsion machinery or more; or.
• A Certificate of Proficiency as Rating Forming Part of an Engineering Watch; and
• Passed the medical examination for eyesight and hearing as per TESDA Board Resolution No. 2002-21.
how can i enroll this course, how much do i pay? how long it will take the course?
Thanks for visiting our site.
You can find the list of schools/training centers that offer this course on this page: http://www.tesda.gov.ph/inc/tvisearch.aspx?duration=able%20seafarer
Unfortunately, we have no available information regarding the fees. Minimum training duration is 106 hours, but we’re not sure how those hours are going to be divided. If you want more accurate and detailed information, it’s best if you’ll contact the school or training center that you plan to enroll at directly.
For those, it’s best if you’ll contact the school/training center directly so they can give you accurate and more detailed information.