Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) in the Philippines
Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in performing engine watchkeeping duties, overseeing fuel, bilge and ballast operations, operating equipment and machinery, and maintaining engine room machinery and spaces.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Launching survival craft and rescue boats / lifeboats
- Firefighting and fire prevention
- Performing survival techniques during ship abandonment
- Performing first aid treatment on board
- Complying with emergency procedures
- Conduct shipboard security checks
- Performing engine watchkeeping duties
- Providing support in fuel, bilge and ballast operation procedures on vessels
- Providing support in operating shipboard electrical equipment and machinery
Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) takes a minimum of 110 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) can find employment as Able-Bodied Seafarer (Engine).
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Able Seafarer Engine (STCW Regulation III/5) course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A Certificate of Proficiency (COP) will be issued to students who passed this assessment process.
saan po ako pwede mag training? ilang days po ang training? magkano po ang bayad sa training pati po ang assesment fee?meron po ba kayong schoolarship sa course na Able seafarer Engine at Deck (STCW)?
Thanks for visiting our site.
You can find the list of schools/training centers that offer this course on this page: http://www.tesda.gov.ph/inc/tvisearch.aspx?duration=able%20seafarer
Unfortunately, we have no available information regarding the fees and we don’t know of any related scholarship programs as of now as well.
For those, it’s best if you’ll contact the school/training center directly so they can give you accurate and more detailed information.
my son is a newly graduate of high school is he can be able to take that training?