Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II in the Philippines
Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in restoring a damaged or undamaged automotive body or panel paint on land based motor vehicles such as automobiles, trucks, buses, big bikes, and motorcycles.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from taking this program include:
- Applying appropriate sealant/adhesive
- Moving and positioning vehicle
- Performing mensuration and calculation
- Reading, interpreting, and applying specifications and manuals
- Using and applying lubricant/coolant
- Performing shop maintenance
- Assessing auto paint jobs
- Preparing damaged and undamaged surface for painting
- Applying and removing masking
- Spraying solid color paints
- Repairing solid color paints
- Performing polishing
- Performing solid/metallic color mixing
- Spraying metallic color paint
- Repairing metallic color paints
Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II takes a minimum of 158 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC I before being allowed to take Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II.
What Graduates Have to Say:
Qualified graduates of Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II can find employment either as an automotive painter for two stage paint or as an automotive paint refinisher for two stage paint.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Automotive Body Painting/Finishing NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.