Certification Courses in the Philippines
Certification courses are courses that you can take to prove that you are qualified to perform specific skills or provide specific services by having an accrediting body that is generally considered to be an expert in their field officially recognize your skills. Some examples of certification courses that you can take in the Philippines include:
- Microsoft– Microsoft Certifications are information technology certifications for Microsoft products. Individual certifications are received upon passing one or more exams.
- Cisco – Cisco Career Certifications are IT Professional certifications for Cisco Systems products. The tests are administered by Pearson VUE and include five levels of certification namely: Entry, Associate, Professional, Expert, and Architect along with targeted certifications for Specialist and Technician. These are available in seven different subject areas: Routing & Switching, Design, Network Security, Service Provider, Storage Networking, Voice and Wireless.
- Oracle – The Oracle Certification Program are IT Professional certifications for Oracle products. There are three levels of Oracle Certification in several disciplines: Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Oracle Certified Professional (OCP), and Oracle Certified Master (OCM).
- LINUX – The Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) is a certification in the field of Linux. Each LPIC level requires successful completion of two exams for certification.
- IBM – The IBM Professional Certification is a certification program designed to provide a reliable, valid, and fair method of assessing IT professionals’ skills and knowledge in connection to IBM products and solutions.
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) – Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Certification is a professional certification that assess English teachers’ ability to teach English to speakers of other languages.
- Nurse Anesthetist Training Program – The Nurse Anesthetist Training Program is a post-graduate training program for nurses. Under the strict supervision of an attending anesthesiologist, the nurse anesthetist assists in administering the different types of anesthesia to patients and monitors them before, during, and after the administration of anesthetics.
- Certificate Program in Education – Certificate Program in Education is a certificate program that allows individuals who graduated with bachelor’s degrees from other fields to pursue a career in education by completing 18 units of professional education courses and 12 units of experiential learning courses that will allow them to take the Licensure Examination for Teachers and eventually seek employment in the field of education.
Cisco Career Certifications. (2013, January 9). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:01, January 24, 2013, fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Cisco_Career_Certifications&oldid=532213287
Oracle Certification Program. (2012, December 30). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:03, January 24, 2013, fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Oracle_Certification_Program&oldid=530408166
Microsoft Certified Professional. (2013, January 13). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:08, January 24, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Microsoft_Certified_Professional&oldid=532820108
Linux Professional Institute Certification. (2012, October 3). In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 09:12, January 24, 2013, from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Linux_Professional_Institute_Certification&oldid=515751212
International Business Machines Corporation (n.d.). About the program. Retrieved from http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/program/index.shtml