Food Processing NC II in the Philippines
Food Processing NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in the commercial preparation of processed food. Through this program, you will learn about common food processing procedures, the basic steps involved in food handling, and operating common food processing equipment.
Aside from those mentioned above, enrolling in the said course will also help you learn how to:
- Practice occupational health and safety procedures
- Perform mathematical computation
- Implement good manufacturing practice procedure
- Work in a team environment
- Apply food safety and sanitation
- Package finished/processed food products
Food Processing NC II takes a minimum of 568 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Food Processing NC I before being allowed to take Food Processing NC II.
Qualified graduates of Food Processing NC II can find employment as any of the following:
- Production Aide
- Packaging Aide
- Business Owner
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Food Processing NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.