Footwear Making NC II in the Philippines
Footwear Making NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in preparing and assembling shoes.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying footwear production practices and principles
- Carrying out measurements and calculations
- Using and caring of hand and power tools
- Setting-up and operating machines
- Performing basic maintenance
- Applying quality standards
- Checking cut upper and lining components
- Performing blocking/crimping
- Performing skiving operations
- Performing upper leather splitting operation
- Performing machine perforating and gimping operation
- Performing folding operation
- Performing stitching operation on upper and/or lining components
- Performing hand stitching operation
- Preparing uppers for hand lasting
- Performing basic hand lasting
- Attaching insole by machine
- Performing toe-puff and stiffener activation
- Performing basic machine lasting
- Performing chilling operation
Footwear Making NC II takes a minimum of 682 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
What Students Have to Say:
Qualified graduates of Footwear Making NC II can find employment as a footwear or shoe maker.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Footwear Making NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.
Got a Question?
You will find our answers on common questions about schools, tuition fee, enrollment, assessment and more in this Tesda Courses FAQs.
If you have a question that was not covered there, please leave it on the comment section below and we’ll try to answer you as soon as we can.