Forging NC II in the Philippines
Forging NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in performing hand and hammer forging of low to medium carbon and alloy up to steel carbon and alloy steels using a variety of techniques, tools, formers and heating devices.
Aside from those mentioned above, it will also train you to:
- Read & Interpret Engineering Drawings
- Perform Mensuration and Calculation
- Read, Interpret, and Apply Specifications and Manuals
- Perform Shop Maintenance
- Perform Basic Incidental Heat/Quenching, Tempering and Annealing
Forging NC II takes a minimum of 106 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Forging NC II can find employment as a blacksmith or hammer smith.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Forging NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.