Forging NC III in the Philippines
Forging NC III is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in hand forging complex shapes of different metals. It also covers hammer forging complex shapes using power hammer which applies to open die forging of complex shapes such as forged bosses, heavy rings and bushes.
Aside from those mentioned above, it will also train you to:
- Read & interpret engineering drawings
- Perform mensuration and calculation
- Read, interpret, and apply specifications and manuals
- Perform shop maintenance
- Perform drop and upset forging
- Hold, position, and lift complex forgings
Forging NC III takes a minimum of 112 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Forging NC II before being allowed to take Forging NC III.
Qualified graduates of Forging NC III can find employment as a forging machine operator.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Forging NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.