Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV in the Philippines
The Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in welding alloy steel plate and alloy steel pipe components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work order, welding procedure or oral instructions using GTAW welding equipment.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying Safety Practices
- Interpreting Drawings and Sketches
- Performing Industry Calculations
- Contributing to Quality System
- Using Hand Tools
- Preparing Weld Materials
- Setting up Welding Equipment
- Fitting up Weld Materials
- Repairing Welds
- Welding Alloy Steel Plates Using GTAW
- Welding Alloy Steel Pipes Using GTAW
Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV takes a minimum of 294 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Some TESDA-accredited institutions may require you to complete Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC II before being allowed to take Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV.
Qualified graduates of Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV can find employment as any of the following:
- GTAW or TIG Plate Welder (Carbon Steel)
- GTAW or TIG Pipe Welder (Carbon Steel)
- GTAW or TIG Plate Welder (Alloy Steel)
- GTAW or TIG Pipe Welder (Alloy Steel)
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) NC IV course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC IV) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.