Horticulture NC II in the Philippines
The Horticulture NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in performing farming operations including the production and harvesting of food crops such as fruits and vegetables.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying safety measures in farm operations
- Using farm tools and equipment
- Performing estimation and calculations
- Conducting pre-horticultural farm operations
- Producing vegetables
- Producing fruit bearing crops
- Performing post harvest operations of major tropical fruits
- Performing post harvest operations of major lowland and semi-temperate vegetable crops
Horticulture NC II takes a minimum of 1,440 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Qualified graduates of Horticulture NC II can find employment as any of the following:
- Horticultural Farm Aide
- Horticultural Farm Caretaker
- Coffee Farmer
- Fruit Tree Farmer
- Cacao Farmer
- Vegetable Farmer
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Horticulture NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.