Cooks and Related Workers in the Philippines
A cook. or a chef, is a person who cooks and prepares food for guests and clients in a restaurant or any food-serving establishment. They are the ones who are responsible for the safety and quality of the food that would be served.
Other restaurants may have various cooking positions in their kitchen. These may include executive chef, sous chef, saute chef, line cook, grill cook, fry cook, desert chef, and salad chef.
What course do I need to take to become a cook or a chef?
Different employers may require different courses or degrees for those interested in becoming a cook or a chef. Common courses/degrees that may help you get a cooking job include:
- Culinary Arts
- Bread and Pastry Production NC II
- Commercial Cooking NC II
- Commercial Cooking NC III
- Commercial Cooking NC IV
- Food and Beverage Service NC II
- Food and Beverage Service NC III
- Food and Beverage Service NC IV
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management