Julius Mendoza on Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Advertising
Name: Julius O. Mendoza
Course: Bachelor of Fine Arts Major in Advertising
Current Year Level: 4th year
School: Manuel S. Enverga University Foundation
At first, the reason why I chose this course is because it has no Mathematics, only free hand and no calculation. But as time goes by, I realized what is my real reason of taking up this course.
I realized that I take up this course because I wanted to increase my knowledge in painting and drawing. I dream to be a good painter someday and as of now, I felt like by taking this course I keep on improving.
What are the major subjects that you are taking right now?
- Painting, Photography, Editorial Design and Advertising Design.
What’s the most interesting thing you’ve learned so far?
- As a fourth year student I might say that everything about Fine Arts is interesting to me.
What kind of topics did you find more difficult compared to others?
- Honestly, all of our subjects are difficult but if I were to choose one it would be Marketing Plan.
What are your current interests?
- Painting, Drawing, Portrait Drawing and Digital Arts.
What skills do you think incoming freshmen should have that can help them succeed during their first year?
- Good concentration and an open-mind to improve their skills in Arts.
What do you think your job will be after you graduate?
- Actually, after graduation and gaining a Bachelor Degree, I am planning to put up my own Arts-Business related.
What do you think will be the best thing about your job/career in the future?
- As of now, I’m not quite sure what will be the best thing about my career in the future, all I know is as long as I love Arts, everything will put into places.
What sites would you recommend your fellow students that can help them in their study?
- Try finding sites on google, I’m pretty sure you’ll discover it by yourself.
Would you recommend this course?
Why or Why not?
- If you’re fond of arts and crafts then you should take up this course. Choosing Fine Arts will absolutely help you out which genre of Arts you would enjoy as a career. Mine is painting and drawing, and for sure you will find yours!
What kind of student do you think can easily finish this course?
- A student with good concentration and has an open-mind to others advises specifically from good artists. Just enjoy what art can offer to your life!
On a scale of 1- 10, how would you rate this course in terms of:
- Difficulty (How difficult was taking the course for you?) – 6
- Timeliness (Do you think the course is up to date with the latest trends?) – 8
- Hands-on Training (Do you feel like you had sufficient hands-on training during the course of your study?) – 7
- Relevance (Did the things you learned from your course prepare you for the job you currently hold?) – 7