Landscape Installation and Maintenance (Softscape) NC II in the Philippines
Landscape Installation and Maintenance (Softscape) NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in installing and maintaining landscape designs for all types of development projects including residential, commercial, industrial, institutional and open space areas.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying safety measures in farm and nursery operations
- Using farm and nursery tools and equipment
- Performing estimation and calculations
- Providing site clearing and grubbing activities
- Performing rough-grading operations
- Performing site preparation activities
- Installing plants at designated locations as designed
- Installing plant supports
- Trimming and pruning landscape plants
- Performing weeding and cultivation
- Applying fertilizer (Nutrition)
- Watering/Irrigating plants
- Controlling and preventing plant pest and diseases
- Providing plant support
- Performing lawn grass maintenance
- Performing re-planting activities
- Collecting, disposing, and utilizing organic waste
Landscape Installation and Maintenance (Softscape) NC II takes a minimum of 116 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Qualified graduates of Landscape Installation and Maintenance (Softscape) NC II can find employment as a landscape gardener.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Landscape Installation and Maintenance (Softscape) NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.