Masonry NC II in the Philippines
Masonry NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in performing construction of brick and concrete block structure, installation of pre-cast balluster/handrail and plastering of concrete wall surface.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Preparing construction materials and tools
- Observing procedures, specifications and manuals of instruction
- Performing mensurations and calculations
- Maintaining tools and equipment
- Preparing masonry materials
- Performing basic masonry works
- Laying brick/block for structure
- Plastering wall surface
- Installing pre-cast balusters and handrail
Masonry NC II takes a minimum of 250 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Some TESDA-accredited institutions may require you to complete Masonry NC I before being allowed to take Masonry NC II.
Qualified graduates of Masonry NC II can find employment as masons.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Masonry NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.