Ophthalmic Lens Services NC II in the Philippines
Ophthalmic Lens Services NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in analyzing and interpreting ophthalmic lens prescription, edging and mounting ophthalmic appliances, and applying UV coat/ tint to ophthalmic lenses.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying quality standards
- Managing own performance
- Maintaining a safe, clean and efficient environment
- Maintaining an effective relationship with clients and customers
- Operating a Personal Computer
- Analyzing and interpreting ophthalmic lens prescription
- Edging and mounting ophthalmic appliances
- Applying UV coat/ tint to ophthalmic lenses
Ophthalmic Lens Services NC II takes a minimum of 254 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Qualified graduates of Ophthalmic Lens Services NC II can find employment as opticians.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Ophthalmic Lens Services NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.