Security Services NC II in the Philippines
Security Services NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in performing the duties of a Security Guard. Compared to Security Services NC I, NC II is more advanced and focuses on improving the general knowledge, skills, and attitudes of security guards in compliance to industry standards and government-mandated laws and regulations.
Some examples of core competencies that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Enforcing access control and identification system in your workplace
- Monitoring the activities that are happening in your area of responsibility
- Enforcing emergency response procedures
- Preparing security reports
Security Services NC II takes a minimum of 223 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Security Services NC I before being allowed to take Security Services NC II.
Qualified graduates of Security Services NC II can find employment as a security guard for residential, commercial, and government buildings.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Security Services NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.