Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II in the Philippines
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in welding carbon steel plate and pipe components as specified by layout, blueprints, diagrams, work order, welding procedure or oral instructions using shielded metal arc welding equipment.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying Safety Practices
- Interpreting Drawings and Sketches
- Performing Industry Calculations
- Contributing to Quality System
- Using Hand Tools
- Preparing Weld Materials
- Setting up Welding Equipment
- Fitting up Weld Materials
- Repairing Welds
- Welding Carbon Steel Plates and Pipes Using SMAW
Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II takes a minimum of 268 hours to complete.
Common requirements for TESDA courses include:
- Copy of Birth Certificate authenticated by NSO
- Copy of High school or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records
- 1×1 Pictures
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
Requirements, however, may vary depending on the institution you are going to enroll at, so we strongly suggest you get in touch with the school or training center’s official representatives for more accurate and detailed information.
Some TESDA-accredited institutions may require you to complete Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC I before being allowed to take Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II.
Qualified graduates of Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II can find employment as SMAW welders.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW) NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.