Telecom OSP and Subscriber Line Installation (Copper Cable/POTS and DSL) NC II in the Philippines
The Telecom Outside Plant and Subscriber Line Installation (Copper Cable/POTS and DSL) NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in the installation of lines for plain old telephone system (POTS) and digital subscriber lines (DSL).
Some examples of skills that you may acquire from enrolling in this program include:
- Installating pole hardware, cable terminal, line wire and accessories
- Installing main copper cable
- Splicing/jointing cable terminal to main aerial/underground copper cable splices
- Basic troubleshooting and correction on cable fault and error
- Installing POTS subscriber line
- Installing digital subscriber lines
Telecom OSP and Subscriber Line Installation NC II takes a minimum of 480 hrs to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Telecom OSP and Subscriber Line Installation NC II can find employment either as a telephone and broadband technician or as a copper cable technician.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Telecom OSP and Subscriber Line Installation NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.