University Ranking by Academic Performance
The University Ranking by Academic Performance is an annual university ranking developed in the Informatics Institute of Middle East Technical University in Turkey.
First published in 2010, it ranks around 2,000 universities according to an aggregation of six academic research performance indicators:
- Number of Articles – The measure of current scientific productivity which includes the articles published in 2011 and indexed by Web of Science. The weight of this indicator on the overall ranking is %21.
- Citation – The measure of research impact and scored according to the total number of citations received in 2011 for the articles published in 2007-2011 and indexed by ISI. Self-citations are excluded. The effect of citation on the overall ranking is %21.
- Total Document – The measure of sustainability and continuity of scientific productivity and presented by the total document count which covers all scholarly literature including conference papers, reviews, letters, discussions, scripts in addition to journal articles published in 2011. Data is obtained from Web of Science and the contribution of this indicator to overall ranking is %10.
- Journal Impact Total – The measure of scientific impact which is derived by aggregating the impact factors of journals in which a university published articles between 2007 and 2011. The source is Journal Impact Factors of ISI. The weight of this indicator is %18.
- Journal Citation Impact Total – The measure of received citation quality which is based on the impact factors of journals where the citing articles are published. The source is Journal Impact Factors of ISI while the contribution of this indicator to the overall ranking is %15.
- International Collaboration – The measure of global acceptance of a university. International collaboration data, which is based on the total number of publications made in collaboration with foreign universities, is obtained from the ISI database for the years 2007-2011. The weight of this indicator is %15 in the overall ranking.
Philippine Rankings for 2012
- # 424 – University of the Philippines
- # 585 – De La Salle University
- # 1389 – University of the Philippines
- # 1855 – De La Salle University
University Ranking by Academic Performance (n.d). URAP 2012. Retrieved from http://www.urapcenter.org/2012/