search the site
Online Courses in the Philippines
Online courses are any courses, regardless whether they come with credits or not, that can be taken by students at any location of their choice by accessing the internet. Online courses are typically short, usually lasting for several days to a few months. Most of these online courses are courses that can be taken as a pastime or as a source of additional knowledge and does not necessarily hold any merit when it comes to seeking employment.
There are open universities in the Philippines, however, that offer degree programs that can be taken in parts or in its entirety online.
Most of these are post-graduate degree programs that are targeted towards working professionals who do not have enough time to juggle work and education, but you can also find some universities that offer both undergraduate and associate degree programs.
Below are some samples of schools and institutions that offer courses that you can take online:
Schools in the Philippines That Offer Online Courses for a Fee
- University of the Philippines Open University
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines Open University
- Benguet State University Open University
- University of Northern Philippines Open University
- Central Luzon State University Open University
- Philippine Normal University Open University
- Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University Open University
- Pangasinan State University
- Cavite State University Open Learning College
- Visayas State University Open University
Schools Based Abroad that Offer Accessible Online Courses for Free
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of California, Berkeley
- Carnegie Mellon University Open Learning Initiative
- Yale University
- University of Michigan
- Utah State University
- Stanford University
- University of Washington
- University of Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- University of Massachusetts Boston
- University of Notre Dame
- University of New South Wales Australia
- University of Southern Queensland
- Oxford University
- University of Nottingham
Government Agencies in the Philippines that Offer Online Courses (Free and Paid Versions)
- Department of Agriculture (Some are free; some are not)
- Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (some are free; some are not)
Other Organizations that Offer Online Courses for Free
- EdX - EdX is a not-for-profit enterprise that features learning designed specifically for interactive study via the web. EdX is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts and is governed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Harvard.
- Coursera – Coursera is a social entrepreneurship company that partners with the top universities in the world to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.
- Connexions - The Connexions Consortium is a group of organizations and individuals who work together to advance free educational technology and educational content.
- Open Courseware Consortium – The Open CourseWare Consortium is a worldwide community of hundreds of higher education institutions and associated organizations committed to advancing OpenCourseWare and its impact on global education.
- Wikiversity – Wikiversity is a Wikimedia Foundation (the same group behind Wikipedia) project devoted to learning resources, learning projects, and research for use in all levels, types, and styles of education from pre-school to university, including professional training and informal learning.
- Khan Academy - Khan Academy is a non-profit organization with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education for anyone anywhere.
- Udacity – Udacity is a non-profit organization that gives students from all over the world access to free higher education materials.
- Codecademy -Codecademy is a team of computer programmers working hard to build a better way for anyone to teach, and learn, how to code.
Those are just some examples. We’ll update the list everytime we come across some new ones. If you know other schools, agencies, and organizations that offer similar programs, feel free to let us know.
Online courses are any courses, regardless whether they come with credits or not, that can be taken by students at any location of their choice by accessing the internet. Online courses are typically short, usually lasting for several days to a few months. Most of these online courses are courses that can be taken as a pastime or as a source of additional knowledge and does not necessarily hold any merit when it comes to seeking employment. There are open universities in the Philippines, however, that offer degree programs that can be taken in parts or in its entirety online. Most of …
<a href="http://www.courses.com.ph/online-courses-in-the-philippines/"> Online Courses in the Philippines</a>
You may also be interested in
The contents of the comments section are the personal advice and opinions of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of courses.com.ph. We reserve the right to remove any materials that we consider to be malicious, inappropriate, or in violation of existing laws in the Philippines.