Bachelor of Science in Information Technology in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that deals with the processing and distribution of data with emphasis on its application on businesses.
By enrolling in this program you will learn how to write, design, and maintain computer programs; check them for errors; determine appropriate solutions to fix problems, and rewrite codes to accommodate necessary changes. Since this course is more about the business application of the systems or applications you will create, you may also be taking up a few business subjects such as Accounting and Human Resource Management.
Some of the subjects that you may take during the course of your study include:
- IT Fundamentals
- Discrete Structure
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems Application
- Network Management
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Software Engineering
- Object Oriented Programming
- Database Management Systems
- Web Development
- Multimedia Systems
In addition to taking those subjects, you may also undergo an On-the-Job Training program at IT companies or companies whose businesses are heavily dependent on Information Technology such as computer and computer accessories manufacturers, call centers, and accounting firms to name a few.
What Students Have to Say:
- Arkhe on Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Cris Emmanuel Sayat on Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Graduates of BS Information Technology can apply for any of the following positions:
- Network Administrator
- Database Manager
- Technical Support Specialist
- Web Developer
- QA Specialist
- Mobile Applications Developer
- Batangas State University - ARASOF (Nasugbu Campus)
- Bicol University - Legazpi
- Bicol University - Polangui Campus
- Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University - Mid-La Union Campus
- Eastern Visayas State University - Carigara Campus
Did you take this course?