Bachelor of Elementary Education in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Elementary Education (BEED) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that will train you in teaching grade school students.
BEED has two specializations: Bachelor in Elementary Education Major in Preschool Education and Bachelor in Elementary Education Major in Special Education.
Enrolling in either of these programs will help you learn about the basic concepts and theories of teaching, the techniques for simplifying learning, and the effect of child and adolescent development on students’ ability to learn.
Some examples of the courses that you may take as a BEED student include:
- Social Studies
- Music, Arts, and Physical Education
- Home Economics and Livelihood Education
- Values Education
- Child and Adolescent Development
- Facilitating Learning
- Social Dimensions of Education
- The Teaching Professions
- Principles of Teaching
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Educational Psychology
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Technology
- Developmental Reading
- Practice Teaching
- Teaching Multigrade Classes (Elective)
- Teaching Multicultural Classrooms (Elective)
- Problem-Based Teaching (Elective)
- Teaching Indigenous People (Elective)
- Topics on Distance Learning (Elective)
Aside from those mentioned above, there will also be Field Study courses where you get to observe, participate, and apply what you’ve learned in actual school settings before you graduate.
What Graduates Have to Say:
Qualified graduates of Bachelor of Elementary Education can find employment as an Elementary or Grade School teacher for both public and private elementary schools.
Passing the Teachers Licensure Examination is one of the requirements in seeking employment in the field of education. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission for more information.