Dental Hygiene NC IV in the Philippines
Dental Hygiene NC IV is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in rendering oral health promotion and preventive measures, performing oral examination and prophylaxis, taking brief clinical history, taking radiographs, giving oral-health education to patients, managing dental records and resources, and providing effective patient/client service.
Aside from those mentioned above, it will also teach you how to:
- Utilize specialized communication skills
- Develop teams and individuals
- Apply problem solving techniques in the workplace
- Collect, analyze and organize information
- Plan and organize work
- Promote environmental protection
- Maintain an effective relationship with customers and clients
- Manage own performance
- Maintain instruments and equipment in work area
- Follow occupational health and safety policies in dental laboratory facilities
- Maintain infection control in dental practice
- Apply basic first aid
Dental Hygiene NC IV takes a minimum of 3499 hours to complete including 1056 hours of On-the-Job Training.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Dental Hygiene NC IV can find employment either as a dental hygienist or as a dental assistant.
Competency Assessment and Certification
The national practice of this qualification requires a license from the Board of Dentistry of the Professional Regulation Commission. Please visit the official website of PRC for more information.
Did you take this course?