Fish port/Wharf Operations NC I is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in handling fish and fish products in fish ports or wharves.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from taking this course include:
- Applying safety measures in operation
- Using tools and equipment
- Performing estimation and calculations
- Applying food safety and sanitation
- Unloading and loading fish and fish products
- Classifying fish and fish products
Fish port/Wharf Operations NC I takes a minimum of 96 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Fish port/Wharf Operations NC I can find employment as a fish handler.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Fish Port/Wharf Operations NC I course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC I) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.