Food Processing NC I in the Philippines
Food Processing NC I is a short TESDA course that will teach you the basics of food processing such as operating basic processing equipment and undertaking cleaning functions.
- Other core competencies that you will acquire from taking this course include:
- Using standard measuring devices and instruments
- Using food processing tools, equipment, and utensils
- Preparing raw/packaging materials for processing
- Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and processing/packaging area
- Inspecting and sorting materials and products
Food Processing NC I takes a minimum of 480 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified food processors can find employment either as a food factory worker or as a warehouse helper.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Food Processing NC I course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC I) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.