Food Processing NC III in the Philippines
Food Processing NC III is a short TESDA course that will train you in the commercial preparation of processed food.
By taking this course, you will learn to perform initial food preparation, operate processing and packaging equipment, receive and store stock, and work in a storage area.
Aside from those, enrolling in the program will also teach you how to:
- Apply food safety and sanitation
- Apply product knowledge to complete work operations
- Perform basic tests in raw materials, in process, and finished products
- Handle dangerous goods/ hazardous substances
Food Processing NC III takes a minimum of 900 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Food Processing NC II before being allowed to take Food Processing NC III.
Qualified graduates of Food Processing NC III can apply for any of the following positions:
- Food Leading hand
- Food Front Line Supervisor
- Food Packaging Line Operator
- Food Processing Line Operator
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Food Processing NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.
Did you take this course?