Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) NC III is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in welding alloy steel plates and alloy steel pipes components using GMAW welding equipment.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Applying safety practices
- Interpreting drawings and sketches
- Performing industry calculations
- Contributing to quality system
- Using hand tools
- Preparing weld materials
- Setting up welding equipment
- Fitting up weld materials
- Repairing welds
Gas Metal Arc Welding NC III takes a minimum of 148 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Some Technical Vocational Institutions (TVIs) may require you to complete Gas Metal Arc Welding NC II before being allowed to take Gas Metal Arc Welding NC III.
Qualified graduates of Gas Metal Arc Welding NC III can find employment as any of the following:
- Plate Welder (GMAW)
- Pipe Welder (GMAW)
- GMAW Welder (Alloy Plate)
- GMAW Welder (Alloy Pipe)
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Gas Metal Arc Welding NC III course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC III) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.