Medical Transcription NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in preparing written medical reports based on audio recordings dictated by doctors and other medical professionals.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course are:
- Producing text from audio transcription
- Using business and medical terminology to carry out tasks
- Performing basic computer operations
- Applying quality standards in your work
- Working in a team environment
- Participating in workplace communication
- Practicing career professionalism
- Practicing occupational health and safety procedures
Medical Transcription NC II takes a minimum of 36 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Medical Transcription NC II can find employment as a Medical Transcriptionist at medical facilities or third party companies that provide transcription services for them.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Medical Transcription NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.