Pharmacy Services NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in dispensing medications. This includes receiving and analyzing prescriptions, preparing the actual medication, and overseeing stock control along with a couple of others.
Some examples of the core competencies that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Meeting customers’ requirements
- Spotting prescription discrepancies and situations that need further assistance
- Miscellaneous laws and regulations related to the medical profession
- Health care benefits schemes
- Documenting dosage administration
- Contamination control
- Collecting relevant patient data
- Ordering and receiving stock medication
- Performing stock waste disposal
Pharmacy Services NC II takes a minimum of 271 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Pharmacy Services NC II can find employment as a pharmacy assistant.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Pharmacy Services NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.