Tailoring NC II is a short TESDA course that will train you in cutting and sewing fabrics that will be turned into casual apparel.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Carrying out measurements and calculation
- Setting up and operate machines
- Performing basic sewing machine maintenance
- Drafting and cutting pattern of casual apparel
- Preparing and cutting materials of casual apparel
- Sewing casual apparel
- Applying finishing touches on casual apparel
Tailoring NC II takes a minimum of 265 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Tailoring NC II can find employment as a tailor or garment sewer
Competence Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Tailoring NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.