Barangay Health Services NC II in the Philippines
Barangay Health Services NC II is a short TESDA course in the Philippines that will train you in providing health services to your immediate community.
Some examples of skills that you will acquire from enrolling in this course include:
- Implementing and monitoring infection control policies and procedures
- Responding effectively to difficult / challenging behavior
- Applying basic first aid
- Maintaining high standard of patient services
- Working within a community development framework
- Preparing for work in the community service industry
- Supporting community resources
- Providing primary / residential care
- Supporting community participation
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers
- Responding holistically to client issues
- Developing and providing health education program in the community
- Implementing health promotion and community interventions
Barangay Health Services NC II takes a minimum of 560 hours to complete.
Basic requirements for this TESDA course include:
- Copy of NSO Birth Certificate
- Highschool or College Diploma
- Certified True Copy of Transcript of Records or Form 137
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 1×1 and/or 2×2 Pictures
Qualified graduates of Barangay Health Services NC II can find employment as a barangay health worker NC II or as a community health assistant NC II.
Competency Assessment and Certification
Students enrolled in the Barangay Health Services NC II course may be required to undergo a Competency Assessment before graduation. A National Certificate (NC II) will be issued to students who passed this assessment. You can find more information on assessments and certifications at the official website of TESDA.