Bachelor of Science in Agriculture in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Science in Agriculture (BSA) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that is concerned with applying the principles of science, ethics, and business management in the production, development, and processing of plants and animals used for food, recreation, industrial, and medical purposes among others.
Some of the courses / subjects that are usually included in the curriculum are:
- Animal Science
- Soil Science
- Crop Science
- Post Harvest Handling and Seed Technology
- Agricultural Economics and Marketing
- Soil Survey, Classification, and Land Use
- General Physiology and Toxicology
- Methods of Agricultural Research
- Fundamentals of Agricultural Engineering
- Principles and Practices of Plant Breeding, Propagation, and Nursery Management
- Agricultural Policy and Development
- Biotechnology and Society
On-the-Job training at farms, plants, laboratories, or other establishments or group involved in agriculture may also be arranged by the school you are enrolled in to give you a closer look at how professional agriculturists work.
What Graduates Have to Say
- Ronajean Fieldad on Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Marbert Ogena on Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Nida Indongsan on Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
Plenty of employment opportunities are available for graduates of BS Agriculture. Some of these are in the fields of:
- Farm Management
- Agriculture and Food Technology
BS Agriculture graduates seeking employment in the agricultural industry are usually required to pass the Agriculturists Licensure Examination. Please visit the official website of the Professional Regulatory Commission (PRC) for more information.