Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting in the Philippines
The Bachelor of Arts in Broadcasting (AB Broadcasting) is a four-year degree program in the Philippines that will prepare you for a career in the media industry, particularly in television and radio networks.
- Intro to Communication
- Intro to Communication Theory
- Intro to Communication Research
- Media Law and Ethics
However, it also has its own courses that are specifically designed for broadcasters in training such as:
- Broadcasting Principles and Practices
- Radio Production Techniques
- TV Production Techniques
- Broadcast and Cable Management
- Broadcast News and Public Affairs
- Program Planning and Building for Radio / TV
- Writing for Radio and Television
- Broadcast Media Criticism=
- Post-production Techniques (Elective)
- Directing for Radio and Television (Elective)
- Multimedia Production (Elective)
- Development Broadasting (Elective)
- Advertising Principles and Practices (Elective)
- Public Relations Principles and Practices (Elective)
- Radio and Television Speech and Performance (Elective)
- TV Production Design (Elective)
Under these courses, you’ll learn how to develop concepts for television and radio programs, write scripts, record and edit audio or video recordings, design and build sets, prepare background music and sound effects, and operate controls connected to specific aspects of production such as lighting and sound.
It will also let you get a closer look at the operation of TV and radio networks by introducing you to the people who work behind the scenes, teaching you the methods and strategies they use to send out the message they want their viewers to receive, the effect of their actions on their audience and the community, and the laws and professional regulations that keep these actions in check.
Additionally, a 200-hour or more On-the-Job Training (OJT) will give you the opportunity to work at an actual TV or radio station to see how professional broadcasters develop concepts for television and radio programs, write scripts, and record and edit audio or video recordings among other things.
What Students Have to Say:
Career opportunities for graduates of AB Broadcasting graduates include the following:
- Radio or Television Writer
- Radio or Television Director
- Radio or Television Producer
- News Reporter/News Anchor
- Media Manager/Media Consultant
- College Professor
- Bicol University - Legazpi
- Cagayan State University
- De La Salle University
- Palawan State University
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines - Sta. Mesa (Main Campus)
Did you take this course?